Men's Discovery 3-in-1 Jacket
Only R50 shipping during lockdown, anywhere in South Africa* and FREE shipping on all orders over R600. More info >
3000 mm Water Column & 3000 g/m2/24 h Breathability with seam-seals
A seam-sealed jacket featuring an outer fabric with a water column rating of 3000 mm and 3000 g/m2/24 h Breathability. This jacket will keep you dry in light to moderate rain conditions, whilst still providing you with comfort and breathability.Waterproof ratings are based on a fabrics ability to withstand a water column height (3000mm) over a 2.5 x 2.5cm area without leaking through. The higher mm the rating, the greater the fabrics ability to prevent water leaking through. Breathability ratings are measured by how much water vapour can be transferred (MVT) through a square meter of fabric in a 24-hour period. The higher the number indicated the more breathable the jacket or fabric will be. Breathability is measured in g/m2/ 24 hours.
This breathable and lightweight waterproof fabric is used for selected First Ascent outerwear and activewear garments. Garments which bear a Vapourtex Fabric mark are waterproof, keeping you protected during moderate rain conditions. Look out for seam-sealed garments, these garments will provide you with the highest level of coverage in wet weather conditions.
- Vapourtex shell fabric with Firestorm inner Fleece
- 2-Layer membrane fully waterproof, windproof and seam sealed
- DWR coating aids with water repellency
- Volume control hood that stows into its collar with a wired laminated brim
- Double covered front zip flap
- Single covered hand zip pockets outer shell and inner fleece
- Adjustable cuff with Velcro tabs to seal out rain
- Adjustable hem shockcord to seal in warmth
- Removable inner Firestorm fleece jacket with melange surface
- Interconnect zip compatible system
Water column rating
3000 g/m2/24 h
Camping, Day Hikes, Everyday, Hiking, Multi Day Hiking, Snow, Travelling
100% Nylon Outer Shell
Fabric Composition 2
100% Polyester Inner Fleece
Coil Standard, Vislon Standard
Wash and Care Instructions
Hand wash only
30°C Cold Water Only
Low Heat Tumble Dry
Do Not Dry Clean
Do Not Use Softener
Do Not Bleach
Do Not Iron
Do you own this product? Let us know what do you think about it.
The versatility of this jacket is great, love the fact that I can wear the fleece on its own, or combined with the outer shell when caught in rain or cold conditions. Great features all round, and a must have for winter!
Nick, 25 Jan 2019