Men's AR-X Waterproof Jacket
Only R50 shipping during lockdown, anywhere in South Africa* and FREE shipping on all orders over R600. More info >
10,000 mm Water Column & 5000 g/m2/24 h Breathability with seam-seals
A seam-sealed jacket featuring an outer fabric with a water column rating of 10,000 mm and 5000 g/m2/24 h Breathability. This jacket will keep you dry in moderate to heavy rain conditions, whilst still providing you with comfort and breathability.Waterproof ratings are based on a fabrics ability to withstand a water column height (10,000mm) over a 2.5 x 2.5cm area without leaking through. The higher mm the rating, the greater the fabrics ability to prevent water leaking through. Breathability ratings are measured by how much water vapour can be transferred (MVT) through a square meter of fabric in a 24-hour period. The higher the number indicated the more breathable the jacket or fabric will be. Breathability is measured in g/m2/ 24 hours.
This breathable and lightweight waterproof fabric is used for selected First Ascent outerwear and activewear garments. Garments which bear a Vapourtex Fabric mark are waterproof, keeping you protected during moderate rain conditions. Look out for seam-sealed garments, these garments will provide you with the highest level of coverage in wet weather conditions.
Lite Speed Series is a collection of products that have been specially developed for moving fast and light. Fabrics are lightweight and packable. Designs are minimalist and great for “done in a day” activities and weekend adventures, like adventure racing and alpine style ascents.
- VapourTex fabric 10000 WP/5000 BR outer for superior wet weather protection
- Seam sealed waterproof protection for added comfort during unexpected showers
- Ideal when worn during moderate conditions
- Generous hood with volume control to assist with improved insulation
- Semi-elasticated sleeve cuff to keep cold air and rain from seeping in
- Packable into back pocket with an adjustable belt that clips around your waist for ease of transportation
- Reflective details for visibility and added safety during low light conditions
- Laser cut holes at the underarm for extra ventilation and improved comfort
Water column rating
10 000 mm
5000 g/m2/24 h
Road, Running, Trail running
Laser cut detail
Wash and Care Instructions
Hand wash only
30°C Cold Water Only
Low Heat Tumble Dry
Do Not Dry Clean
Do Not Use Softener
Do Not Bleach
Do Not Iron
Do you own this product? Let us know what do you think about it.
Excellent product with nifty features, such as it's ability to be folded into it's own pocket really allows you to quickly pack into a small space. I found it very breathable thanks to vapourtex. the technology has really made it something worth getting. withstands the wettest conditions possible.
Calen Hastie, 25 Mar 2019