Men's Vapourstretch Rain Jacket
Moderate Rain Conditions
This jacket will keep you dry during moderate rain conditions, whilst still providing you with comfort and breathability.Waterproof ratings are based on the fabric's ability to withstand a water column height over a 2.5 x 2.5cm area without leaking through. The higher the mm the rating, the greater the fabric's ability to prevent water leaking through. Breathability ratings are measured by how much water vapour can be transferred (MVT) through a square meter of fabric in a 24-hour period. The higher the number indicated the more breathable the jacket or fabric will be. Breathability is measured in g/m2/ 24 hours.
A DWR coating is applied to improve the water repellency of the garment. DWR assists by beading water off the fabrics surface, increasing the water-resistance of the jacket.
This breathable and lightweight waterproof fabric is used for selected First Ascent outerwear and activewear garments. Garments which bear a Vapourtex Fabric label are waterproof, keeping you protected during moderate rain conditions. Look out for seam-sealed garments, these garments will provide you with the highest level of coverage in wet weather conditions.
- Vapourtex stretch-woven fabric
- 3-Layer membrane fully waterproof, windproof and tape-sealed
- DWR coating aids with water repellency
- Volume control hood that is helmet-compatible and features a laminated brim
- Exposed water-resistant Aquaguard front zip with inner zip flap
- Single covered hand zip pockets set high to stay clear of backpack hip belt
- Single covered pit zip for ventilation
- Inner Chest pocket for Media port
- Semi elasticated cuff with adjustable Velcro tabs to seal out rain
- Adjustable hem shockcord to seal in warmth
- Reflective details for visibility
- Articulated elbows for freedom of movement
- Gusset underarms for freedom of movement
Water column rating
10 000 mm
10000 g/m2/24 h
Camping, Day Hikes, Hiking, Multi Day Hiking, Travelling
Number of Chest pockets
Vislon Aquaguard, Vislon Standard
Wash and Care Instructions
Hand wash only
30°C Cold Water Only
Low Heat Tumble Dry
Do Not Dry Clean
Do Not Use Softener
Do Not Bleach
Do Not Iron
Do you own this product? Let us know what do you think about it.
"Vapourstretch Rain Jacket"
Super impressed with this rain jacket's ability to keep me dry. It's nice and lightweight, so its no hassle to take it on and off again as the rain stops. The hood moulded perfectly to my head, so no annoying water droplets creeping in by my neck and down my back.
Corrie van Nieker, 23 Feb 2021