Men's Submerge Rain Jacket
Light Rain Conditions
This jacket will keep you dry during light rain conditions, whilst still providing you with comfort and breathability.Waterproof ratings are based on the fabric's ability to withstand a water column height over a 2.5 x 2.5cm area without leaking through. The higher the mm the rating, the greater the fabric's ability to prevent water leaking through. Breathability ratings are measured by how much water vapour can be transferred (MVT) through a square meter of fabric in a 24-hour period. The higher the number indicated the more breathable the jacket or fabric will be. Breathability is measured in g/m2/ 24 hours.
A DWR coating is applied to improve the water repellency of the garment. DWR assists by beading water off the fabrics surface, increasing the water-resistance of the jacket.
This breathable and lightweight waterproof fabric is used for selected First Ascent outerwear and activewear garments. Garments which bear a Vapourtex Fabric label are waterproof, keeping you protected during moderate rain conditions. Look out for seam-sealed garments, these garments will provide you with the highest level of coverage in wet weather conditions.
- Vapourtex Ripstop shell
- PU coating that is waterproof and taped seamed
- DWR coating aids with water repellency
- Volume control hood that is helmet-compatible with a laminated brim
- Single covered front zip with inner zip flap
- Single covered hand zip pockets set high to stay clear of hip belt
- Inner Chest pocket for Media port
- Semi elasticated cuff with adjustable Velcro tabs to seal out rain
- Adjustable hem shockcord seals in warmth
- Reflective details for visibility and added safety
- Articulated elbows for freedom of movement
- Packable into its own inner mesh chest zip pocket
Water column rating
8000 g/m2/24 h
Camping, Day Hikes, Everyday, Hiking, Travelling
100% Nylon Ripstop
Number of Chest pockets
Autumn, Spring, Winter
Coil Standard, Vislon Standard
Wash and Care Instructions
Hand wash only
30°C Cold Water Only
Low Heat Tumble Dry
Do Not Dry Clean
Do Not Use Softener
Do Not Bleach
Do Not Iron
Do you own this product? Let us know what do you think about it.
"Men's Submerge Rain Jacket (Willow color)"
I have used my Submerge rain jacket on a few hikes, and its safe to say that it ticks all the relevant boxes and it is a great jacket for its price. I normally struggle to keep my sweating at bay when hiking in a rain jacket, but the Submerge jacket is the first rain jacket which has not given me any problems in that department. And to top it off, it comes in great colors.
Ricus du Toit, 30 Jun 2020